New Year's Eve is just a few days away, and it's almost inevitable that we spend a bit of time looking back and saying good-bye to the year ending. We hope that you had a fabulous 2017!
At Vicwest, we had a very busy year, from launching the new matte colours in the Residential Metal Roofing Collection, to meeting with many trade and industry professionals at shows across Canada, and more. Here are a few highlights, events that come top of mind when looking back over the last 12 months (not in any particular order).
1. In November, Vicwest Building Products secured the Site Plan approval with the town of Stratford, to expand our current Stratford manufacturing facilities. This will allow Vicwest to move the Oakville mills to the expanded Stratford location. The expected completion is the second quarter of 2018. Streamlining the manufacturing to one central location will mean our products can ship from one centralized location, versus a second pick up. The "Stratford Centre of Excellence" expansion is designed for maximum efficiency and output, and we're excited about the opportunity it presents. The Oakville offices will also be moving to a new facility in Burlington at the beginning of Q2 2018. Read More
2. Renos For Heros was founded by Toronto-based contractor Jim Caruk, the well-known host of HGTV's Real Renos and Handyman Superstar Challenge, in association with volunteer contractors and manufacturers in the Canadian home improvement industry and with the support of the Canadian Armed Forces. Vicwest was proud to be a Gold Sponsor at the 2017 fund raising Gala, "Hearts for Heroes".
3. Vicwest named in 2 Awards, Roofing and Other Materials. In March 2017, the Quebec Association of Metal Coatings Contractors presented its winners of the 2015-2016 Design Competition. The aim of the competition is to recognize the projects of its members who stand out as much for their architectural quality as for the quality of the execution of the works.
4. New for 2017 - The Vicwest Metal Roofing Matte Finish Collection: It was exciting to launch these beautiful matte finishes for our residential roofing products. As more homeowners are selecting durable and beautiful metal roofing for residential / urban homes, these matte finishes provide a luxury look that perfectly fits family home exteriors.
5. Sustainability and our environmental footprint is always top of mind with Vicwest, and in early 2017, we were pleased to make this announcement. "As a leading steel manufacturer in Canada, Vicwest Building Products, a division of The Kingspan Group of Companies, has successfully completed Renewable Energy Certificate through American Wind and reduced Electricity usage through LED and Power Factor correction." Vicwest Building Products has achieved 52% renewable energy consumption for 2016
6. People across the country will remember 2017 for the Canada Day 150 celebrations that took place in our provinces from coast to coast. One interesting community initiative was the pavilion unveiled as part of the City of London’s Canada 150 celebration. The architectural treatment includes the use of Vicwest metal roofing and panels in Cambridge White. The white surfaces stand out against the green treed landscape creating a highly visble focal point in the park. Vicwest’s AD300R was selected for use on the interior walls and the ceiling, and Tradition 150 was selected for exterior walls and roof. Read More
7. Every year we look forward to meeting with industry professionals, contractors, builders, specifiers, and retailers at many venues across Canada. 2017 was no exception! Vicwest representatives were excited to participate in many conferences, seminars, and exhibits including: The Canadian Steel Conference, Buildex Vancouver, Construct Canada, ROOFtech, the Spring and Fall Cottage Life Show, and Pro Contractor Events and Buying Shows at: Home Hardware, Roofmart, Federated Co-Op, Home Depot, Timber Mart, Rona, and many more. Large or small these events are a great opportunity for us to answer questions and connect with the industry.
We thank all our employees, partners, customers, and the greater building community for a productive and exciting 2017, and we look forward to new challenges and innovations in 2018!